Who Can Help Me Properly File My OWCP Claim?
There are a few people and resources that can help you file your OWCP claim properly:
- Your supervisor or the Injury Compensation Specialist at your agency: They may be able to answer questions you have about the OWCP claims process and help you complete the necessary paperwork.
- Your claims examiner: Once your claim is assigned to a claims examiner, they will be your primary contact for the claims process. They can help you understand your rights and benefits, and they can answer any questions you have about your claim.
- An OWCP representative: You can call the OWCP customer service line at 1-800-461-7485 to speak to an OWCP representative. They can help you file your claim and answer any questions you have about the claims process.
- An attorney: If you have complex questions about your claim or if you are having difficulty filing your claim, you may want to consult with an attorney who specializes in OWCP claims.
Here are some tips for filing your OWCP claim properly:
- File your claim promptly. You must file your OWCP claim within 3 years of your injury or the death of your loved one.
- Complete all of the required paperwork accurately. Be sure to include all of the requested information on your claim form, and be sure to sign and date the form completely.
- Provide supporting documentation. This may include medical records, wage statements, and witness statements.
- Keep a copy of all of your paperwork. This includes your claim form, supporting documentation, and any correspondence you have with OWCP.
- Janitorial facility care and commercial cleaning services in Dallas
If you have any questions about filing your OWCP claim, please do not hesitate to contact one of the resources listed above.